rilokiley.net

Welcome Guest: Register | Log in

My Posts | My Messages | My Profile | Search | Memberlist

Really Goshdarn On (a thread in which to be boisterous)

RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:07 pm
PostPost subject:

Am I the only one who gets mad around this place? Geez.

There has been an epidemic of kids pissing and shitting on things at the library. Things that belong to the library. This has happened three days in a row now, and at least 5 times in the past two weeks. Parents--get your acts together. I did not get two master's degrees so I could wipe your toddler's shit off of a puppet, or clean up the puddle on and around one of our chairs (which apparently the kid was then trying to lick).

Fuuuuuuuuuuuucccck.
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:03 am
PostPost subject:

I'm more annoyed then mad.

Every long weekend I have been put on the midnight shift, meaning I have to go into work the Monday night at 9:30 pm (rather than having it off). And like, you need to adjust to midnights from day shift, you cant just...go about your regular weekend and then just go into work. i've missed out on camping trips and just, going to see my mom, and she isn't doing the greatest so it really fucking sucks.

I've worked May long, Canadas day (i worked the saturday and then had to go in the sunday night), august long, and now labour day and thanksgiving.

but on the bright side, i got 2 free tickets to see public enemy today.

-Emily Heart
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:48 pm
PostPost subject:

I just got fucked over so hard at work, I can't even explain how mad I am. And the real kicker is that I got fucked this hard on something that was supposed to work out in my favor. And now I have to be here for 3 more hours. I just want to go home--I'm done.
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:47 am
PostPost subject:

guy at work was a total ass to me today. I'm talking inappropriate, crossing the line, rude. calling me a "dumb fucking bitch" and a "stupid little person". he ended up apologizing to me and saying he overreacted, but that's not the point. i ask a question about a truck, i dont need to be attacked.

also, now im covered in hives. completely unrelated.

-Emily Heart
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:18 am
PostPost subject:

neverending wrote:
guy at work was a total ass to me today. I'm talking inappropriate, crossing the line, rude. calling me a "dumb fucking bitch" and a "stupid little person". he ended up apologizing to me and saying he overreacted, but that's not the point. i ask a question about a truck, i dont need to be attacked.

also, now im covered in hives. completely unrelated.

Uhh, is there someone you can report that to? Completely inappropriate. And I'm sorry about your hives.
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:34 am
PostPost subject:

im going to wait to see if he continues to be a complete jackass. the last few weeks he was ignoring me so it was ok (we've had our issues in the past), but i have to work 3 shifts, where he works 2, so im not always on his shift. we also just opened up a new facility and i know he wants to transfer. i doubt anything would happen because mommy works in the front.

-Emily Heart
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:19 pm
PostPost subject:

I am annoyed at life in general today. I am sick of cell phones, gyms, banks, and netflix.
Poop on them all.
ZooeyLewis
all-around quality person

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:10 am
PostPost subject:

Heather wrote:

There has been an epidemic of kids pissing and shitting on things at the library. Things that belong to the library. This has happened three days in a row now, and at least 5 times in the past two weeks. Parents--get your acts together. I did not get two master's degrees so I could wipe your toddler's shit off of a puppet, or clean up the puddle on and around one of our chairs (which apparently the kid was then trying to lick).

Fuuuuuuuuuuuucccck.

WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT TO BOOKS?!?
JaneAwake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:42 pm
PostPost subject:

I don't really have the vocab for this, because that's nothing we learn at school, but I have to write this down because it's starting to freak me out.
Last monday I had an appointment with my therapist and I had some time before it started so I sat on a park bench to study for my history test. This guy came and asked if he could sit on the bench next to mine, and I was fine with it (because why wouldn't I be?) so he started making small talk, which was still okay.. after a while the questions got to intimate for me and I said good bye, got up and left, to sit somewhere else. So he followed me to the next bench and sat down next to me (really close) - I was VERY uncomfortale and tried to get out. I told him to leave, that I had an appointment and so on.. (I'm pretty introverted and not really good at talking to people in general.. so this was extra hard on me) - The rest I don't know how to say, but it got way worse.. After my appointmnet I had to take the train home and he was waiting for me at the station. I panicked (?) and took the first train that arrived ( It ended up in the middle of nowhere and my mom had to come for me) before I got on it, this guy told me he'd be waiting here for me every monday this time. I don't know what to do, because my appointments are all the same time and I couldn't reach my therapist to make a new one (his secretary said he'd call back, but he never did).
Now I'm mad at me for letting this happen (I didn't want to go to a more crowded plays because crowds tend to upset me as well, and I didn't want to ask anyone to help me because I was embarassed) plus I'm mad at this guy for taking advantage of my social anxiety..
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:38 pm
PostPost subject:

That goes WAY BEYOND just being an annoyance. You have to get over your shyness and get the police involved. Please don't try to just ignore this guy! You need serious intervention to get him away from you.

And, btw, I am very loose about what I consider 'creepy'. Often I tell people to stop worrying about things which fall within the range of normal behavior. But your situation is very dangerous.

Do what you need to do and keep us posted - best wishes

Last edited by bergenergy on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:49 pm
PostPost subject:

JaneAwake wrote:
I don't really have the vocab for this, because that's nothing we learn at school, but I have to write this down because it's starting to freak me out.
Last monday I had an appointment with my therapist and I had some time before it started so I sat on a park bench to study for my history test. This guy came and asked if he could sit on the bench next to mine, and I was fine with it (because why wouldn't I be?) so he started making small talk, which was still okay.. after a while the questions got to intimate for me and I said good bye, got up and left, to sit somewhere else. So he followed me to the next bench and sat down next to me (really close) - I was VERY uncomfortale and tried to get out. I told him to leave, that I had an appointment and so on.. (I'm pretty introverted and not really good at talking to people in general.. so this was extra hard on me) - The rest I don't know how to say, but it got way worse.. After my appointmnet I had to take the train home and he was waiting for me at the station. I panicked (?) and took the first train that arrived ( It ended up in the middle of nowhere and my mom had to come for me) before I got on it, this guy told me he'd be waiting here for me every monday this time. I don't know what to do, because my appointments are all the same time and I couldn't reach my therapist to make a new one (his secretary said he'd call back, but he never did).
Now I'm mad at me for letting this happen (I didn't want to go to a more crowded plays because crowds tend to upset me as well, and I didn't want to ask anyone to help me because I was embarassed) plus I'm mad at this guy for taking advantage of my social anxiety..

Can you get someone to take you to your appointment on Monday, or go with you? That's a frightening situation, and I would hate to think of you having to encounter this guy again on your own. At the very least, you should try to go a different way than you usually do, and make sure you stay around other people. Assholes like this usually count on the fact that you won't do or say anything (other than being terrified), so it often helps to say very loudly, so you will make sure that other people hear, something like, "Please stop following me!" Also, does your phone have a camera? If you do see him and he stalks and/or harasses you again, take his picture so you'll have something to show the police. But above all don't be alone, and don't be passive. I'm sorry this happened to you!

Last edited by Heather on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:51 pm
PostPost subject:

ZooeyLewis wrote:
Heather wrote:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuucccck.

WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT TO BOOKS?!?

Because the library is constantly full of irresponsible parents who don't pay attention to their kids, who consequently are walking around in dirty diapers and/or just shitting or pissing themselves because their parents aren't there to change them or take them to the bathroom. People are irresponsible as all fuck sometimes, and many seem to think the library is basically daycare (it's not).
JaneAwake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:39 pm
PostPost subject:

Thank you so much for replying. I took another train today and hoped he would be gone by the time I arrived. He wasn't there but all the way to my therapist I was so damn scared. How can someone do that to another person? That's just wrong. I shouldn't be scared to walk 5 minutes to his office. The way back was just as bad and on my way I asked another girl if I could just walk next to her and pretend we're friend so this guy wouldn't approach me again. He still hadn't shown up when my train arrived, so I was relieved. And for a second I thought maybe I had imagined him, because something like this had already happened to me some time ago, (and my psychiatrist asked me wheter I was sure it really happened and wasn't just my imagination.. Vomit ). So anyway I think I will continue to be scared for some time and eventually it will stop. I know that's not really a great solution, but the last time I went to the police and told them everything that had happened (which was pretty painful) and in the end they just dropped investigations. Anyway thanks again, you're so nice. Everything my therapist said when I told him was "Why do you think he's after you, with so many other girls walking around here?" Vomit x2
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 pm
PostPost subject:

Your therapist sounds like a real jackass. Can you find a different one?
JaneAwake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:18 am
PostPost subject:

I don't think that's possible. He's already my new one. The first one I had didn't say anything at all...
I guess I'll have to stay because my health insurance won't be happy if I want to change therapists again.. Plus the waiting times for a new one are really long.. I'll just talk to my psychiatrist (who I like better) when I need to.
thegirlinthesong
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Seņora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:56 pm
PostPost subject:

Ugh. Just saw this story about ABC picking up a comedy based on this blog post, "Why You're Not Married." The feminist in me just prickles at this.

Like, fine, sometimes women just want to be married. I'm only 22 and I'm planning on moving cross-country next year so it's not something I'm particularly concerned about, but I could see it maybe being something I wanted in future. Of course I would hope I would decide to get married based on whoever I'm in a relationship with at the time, and not because of a generic desire to be a wife, but who am I to judge. The whole deal with feminism, from my perspective, is that women can choose however the fuck they want to spend their lives. I'm choosing a difficult existence, where I know I'll spend my life doing menial jobs and living paycheck-to-paycheck. It's not for everyone, and I pass absolutely no judgment on people -- not just women -- who decide they'd rather create and enjoy the stability of a family.

The problem is that this blog post not only places all the blame for spinsterhood on women, but it does it with such "attention-getting" (read: negative and borderline misogynistic) language that it makes me want to scream. I mean, two of the six reasons given are "You're a Bitch" and "You're a Slut." I'm a little disappointed that this post even made it into the HuffPost in the first place, considering Ariana Huffington's story and her more recent politics.

I much prefer the insights offered by this article in next month's Atlantic, which I saw courtesy of my 25-year-old smart, successful, pretty, and very single sister. It's a long read, but I found it really stimulating.

... Toast .
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:20 pm
PostPost subject:

How about other, better, more positive and realistic reasons, like "You don't want to put up with anyone's shit (mental, physical, emotional, or otherwise) other than your own." Or "You don't want to clean up after anyone except yourself." Or "You find it less depressing to be alone than to be with someone for the wrong reasons." Or "You are kind of a control freak and have problems conceding the making of important decisions concerning your life to anyone else." Or "You like sleeping alone in the middle of a giant-ass bed." Or "You are a true introvert who feels refreshed after spending time alone, and you find spending lots of time with other people depletes your will to live." These are a few reasons from my own personal list, along with the less positive, like "You're incredibly socially awkward and assume everyone else already has lots of friends and has no use for you."
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:53 pm
PostPost subject:

Heather wrote:
Or "You like sleeping alone in the middle of a giant-ass bed."

This alone is reason enough for me.
thegirlinthesong
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:02 pm
PostPost subject:

Reminds me of a quote from "Arcadia" (my favorite play):

Quote:
Chaps sometimes wanted to marry me, and I don't know a worse bargain. Available sex against not being able to fart in bed.

I was thinking about it more while I was out running just now, and I think the biggest reason I prefer the Atlantic article is because it's more concerned with societal changes that have caused the shift in attitude towards marriage, as opposed to the blog post which is saying "Here's what you, personally, are doing wrong. Yes, you, one of the millions of people reading this. I know exactly what's wrong with you whom I have never met and I will now tell you how to fix yourself." It's appalling.

... Toast .
thegirlinthesong
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:45 pm
PostPost subject:

Legit, I can't get this off my mind. I wrote a post on Tumblr, which I actually never use, in the form of an open letter to ABC.

... Toast .
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:17 pm
PostPost subject:

Shannon, I could only make it half-way through "reason" number one before I had to stop reading that blog post. Does the writer not realize the irony of the fact that she is an angry bitch?

What the bloody hell kind of television show is going to be made of this?
thegirlinthesong
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:50 am
PostPost subject:

Hopefully none at all. They've bought a script but that's a far cry from the show actually being picked up. My biggest wish is just that this comes to nothing in the end.

... Toast .
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:13 pm
PostPost subject:

khgdfkjghdfjghdfjkghdfjghfdjhg djkhgdfkjfhd GAAAHH!!!!!!!

seriously, people, stop texting me every 15 minutes. Especially if you know I'm at work, I don't care if you had toast for breakfast.

-Emily Heart
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:15 pm
PostPost subject:

neverending wrote:
khgdfkjghdfjghdfjkghdfjghfdjhg djkhgdfkjfhd GAAAHH!!!!!!!

seriously, people, stop texting me every 15 minutes. Especially if you know I'm at work, I don't care if you had toast for breakfast.

Maybe toast really is the highlight of his day, Slicks.

california is a recipe for a black hole
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:03 am
PostPost subject:

The county circuit clerk's office is having an outreach day at my library. They are set up in the reference area right behind my desk. They are being incredibly loud and obnoxious, and I want to bitch-slap the lot of them.

And I just got to listen to the circ supervisor telling them how great this is, and how they must set it up again sometime. And telling them that she's leaving, so I'm the person in charge if they need anything. I hope they decide they need a good ass-kicking, because that's about all I'm prepared to offer them.
RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 49 of 53
Jump to: